President or Co-Presidents
1. The President of the organization shall also be the Chairperson(s) of the Executive Board and shall preside at all meetings of the organization. The President or Co-Presidents shall prepare an agenda for all meetings and be responsible for the continuity of leadership.
2. The President shall assure the organizations cooperation with the school Principal, staying within the polices of the Joplin Board of Education or any school administrative directive, and assuring that the objectives set forth in these bylaws are followed.
3. The President shall be responsible for requesting that a Teacher Representative be selected to represent the faculty at the monthly PTO general meetings. There will also be another Teacher Representative selected to serve as an alternate.
4. The President shall serve on the Joplin PTO Executive Council.
The Co-Vice President shall serve, as aide to the President or Co-Presidents and shall preside in their absence should they be unable to attend meetings. In a Co-President situation, the Executive Board can vote for the Vice President to assume the Co-Presidency and elect a new Vice President, or leave the existing President and Vice President in their current offices. One of the Vice Presidents shall be willing to be considered a candidate for election to the Presidency following the President’s term of office.
The Secretary shall record and report the minutes of all meetings of the organization and of the Executive Board and shall perform other assigned duties. If unable to attend the meeting, the Secretary shall make arrangements with another member to record and report minutes. The Secretary shall carefully preserve the meeting records and shall submit those records to an elected successor.
1. The Treasurer shall attend each meeting and present a financial report of the PTO. If unable to attend, the Treasurer will make arrangements with another member to present the report. The Treasurer shall receive all monies of the organization; shall keep an accurate record of receipts and expenditures; and shall pay all invoices and previously approved expenses authorized by the Executive Board.
2. The Treasurer is responsible for assuring the PTO’s funds are secure and maintained under dual control. The Treasurer shall obtain check writer’s signature cards and shall assure that proper signatures are obtained. The Treasurer shall carefully maintain and preserve all financial records of the organization and shall convey those records to an elected successor.
3. The counting of money should be done by at least two Executive Board Members. All checks should be designated for the purpose of expenditures. The source of all money should be designated. Money should be deposited immediately.
4. Reimbursements made only if coordinating amount of legitimate receipts are given.
During a closed session held immediately following its June 23 regular meeting, Joplin Schools Board of Education voted to name Joplin Schools Executive Director of Secondary Education Jason Cravens as acting superintendent for the district.
Joplin Schools is participating in the Summer Food Program. Click the headline to learn more.
Click the headline for a link to details.