General Enrollment

Welcome to Joplin Schools!

Any school-age child residing within district boundaries and who meets legal and Board of Education requirements may enroll in Joplin Schools. New student enrollment (including kindergarten registration) takes place at the school where your child will attend.
Please bring the following information with you for all children you are enrolling: 
  • Your photo ID (any valid state or federal government-issued photo ID is acceptable, such as a driver's license, state ID card, U.S. passport, military ID, or tribal photo ID)

  • Child's legal, state-issued birth certificate
  • Child's up-to-date immunization records as required by the State of Missouri
  • Child's Social Security Card (if available)

  • Proof of residency (examples of acceptable documents include: mortgage documents, house-closing documents, lease/rental agreement, construction contract with proposed occupancy date, current utility bill such as water, gas, or electricity)
  • Proof of guardianship if the student lives within district boundaries with someone other than a parent
  • If applicable, any legal documents regarding custody arrangements, etc.
For students transferring from another district, please bring:
  • Name and address of the previous school attended or an unofficial transcript from that school
  • Special Education records, if applicable, such as an Individual Education Plan and a current diagnostic summary
Additional information you will need to complete the enrollment process:
  • Phone numbers and addresses for primary contact and all parents/guardians for the student
  • Names/phone numbers for emergency contacts
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2019 West Corporation. All rights reserved.