Welcome to Joplin Schools!

Any school-age child residing within district boundaries and who meets legal and Board of Education requirements may enroll in Joplin Schools. New student enrollment (including kindergarten registration) takes place at the school where your child will attend.

Click here for more information regarding attendance zones and verify which school your child will attend.
Pre-Enrollment Form

What's next?

After you finish the pre-enrollment form, it will automatically send to your child's school.

Beginning August 9, 2021, you will be allowed to go to your child's school and bring proper documentation to complete the enrollment process. You may choose to bring copies of the documents and leave them with the school or we will scan your documents during the visit. Original documents should accompany copies to verify the information.

Please bring the following information with you for all children you are enrolling: 

  • Your photo ID (any valid state or federal government-issued photo ID is acceptable, such as a driver's license, state ID card, U.S. passport, military ID, or tribal photo ID)
  • Child's legal, state-issued birth certificate
  • Proof of residency (examples of acceptable documents include: mortgage documents, house-closing documents, lease/rental agreement, construction contract with proposed occupancy date, current utility bill such as water, gas, or electricity)
  • Proof of guardianship if the student lives within district boundaries with someone other than a parent
  • If applicable, any legal documents regarding custody arrangements, etc.

For students transferring from another district, please bring:

  • Name and address of the previous school attended or an unofficial transcript from that school
  • Special Education records, if applicable, such as an Individual Education Plan and a current diagnostic summary

Additional information you will need to complete the enrollment process:

  • Phone numbers and addresses for primary contacts and all parents/guardians for the student
  • Names/phone numbers for emergency contacts 

School staff will work with you during your visit to fully complete the enrollment process or inform you of additional documentation needed.

Joplin High and Middle Schools
Please note JHS and Middle School enrollment starts August 9th. For high school transfer students, you should try to obtain an official sealed copy of your high school transcript to expedite the process. It is also important to have a copy of your child's updated immunization records.

Section Directory

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2022 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.